Become a Judge
- Welcome from the CWSF Judge in Chief
- Qualifications of a Judge
- Volunteer as a Judge
- Log in after receiving your password. Your user name is your email address.
Welcome from the CWSF Chief Judge
I look forward to welcoming you to the Canada Wide Science Fair to be held from May 9-15, 2020 at the Edmonton Convention Centre in Edmonton, Alberta. We are looking for 160 judges willing to spend time with the next generation of Canada's scientists. The Canada-Wide Science Fair is an annual celebration of science, engineering, health, and technology. Each year, the fair is held in a different city and organized locally under the auspices of Youth Science Canada. The Canada-Wide Science Fair attracts approximately 400 projects and 500 youth finalists from over 100 regions in the country. The finalists are winners of their regional or provincial science fairs, and now compete for prizes and recognition at the national level. At stake is approximately one million dollars in scholarships and awards. To evaluate each project fairly and comprehensively, a total of 160 English, bilingual or French speaking judges volunteer their expertise, experience and time to be part of this celebration. This is a wonderful opportunity to engage with some of Canada's brightest young people. Finalists and judges alike come away from the experience inspired about the future of science in Canada.
CWSF Chief Judge - Recruiting
Qualifications of a Judge
The Canada Wide Science Fair requires about 160 judges to evaluate approximately 420 projects each year. These judges are recruited from the local community. We seek judges from a wide range of disciplines:
- Engineers from all disciplines
- Faculty at Universities and Colleges
- Medical doctors
- Scientists from industry
- Scientists from government laboratories
- Those who are bilingual in French and English are particularly welcome
- Equivalent professional qualifications
- Graduate students who have a special interest and experience in outreach
- Students in undergraduate programs are not eligible to judge at the CWSF
You will meet many students who will amaze you. The best projects are at the level of a Masters Degree.
Volunteer as a Judge
If you would like to volunteer as a judge, please send an email to [email protected]