From the CWSF 2019 Fredericton Host Committee
We are pleased and proud to welcome the 58th annual Canada-Wide Science Fair to Fredericton, New Brunswick, May 11-17, 2019. Approximately 500 of Canada’s top young scientists from grades 7 to 12 and CÉGEP will have the honour of representing their regional science fair at this exciting event, with the opportunity to share in awards, prizes and scholarships that may very well shape their futures. Beyond showcasing their projects, students will:
- SHARE a week with other Canadian students who are also interested in science and technology;
- MEET new friends from across Canada;
- INTERACT with scientists and engineers who work here in Fredericton;
- DISCOVER the wonders and beauty of New Brunswick;
- EXPLORE all that the University of New Brunswick has to offer;
- WELCOME visitors in the Project Zone including students and teachers from Fredericton and area schools, as well as New Brunswickers with an interest in science;
- ENCOURAGE others to build upon their curiosity about science and technology, and inspire the pursuit of scientific and technological solutions to the challenges that face the world;
- CELEBRATE at our ceremonies and special events, DANCE their hearts out, EXPERIENCE cultural activities and some of the world-class attractions unique to this region.
We’re building upon the CWSF tradition of excellence to create an exciting week-long event for participants and delegates alike. Meanwhile, we wish all participants an abundance of inspiration and dedication as projects are prepared for regional fairs across Canada with the ultimate goal of being selected for the Canada-Wide Science Fair. Good luck! Hope to see you in Fredericton, New Brunswick for CWSF 2019!
CWSF 2019 Host Committee Co-Chairs,
David Desjardins & Michelle McNeil